Sunday, November 16, 2014

Welcome To The Club

Congratulations, you are the elite!  Over the next five months, you lucky few will get to watch me creating my bridal ensemble!  I'm just a little bit excited.  :D

Here are my main inspiration images:

I love the draping, and how the bodice flows into the skirt.
I'm not sure how much of this will end up in the final design, but it has the general *feel* I'm going for.
So far I have tested-dyed swatches, purchased fabric & patterns, and put together a mid-19th century corset which is nearly finished.  I will be blogging about all of these things in detail soon.

Remember, this is a secret blog!  I will make it public after the wedding so everyone can see the design process from start to finish, but for now I'm keeping it under wraps so I can still have the Big Reveal for everyone who attends the wedding.  So please do not mention anything you see here in comments on my regular blog or on facebook.  Thank you for your discretion.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment