Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Train

So I know I kind of disappeared for about three months there, but I did continue to take pictures of my progress as I went!

2/3/15 - I put the train together pretty quickly and easily.  The pattern is fairly straightforward once you have the pieces in your hands.  I only took one photo of the progress.  This was just before I sewed through all the layers of pleats at the center back:


2/13/15 - I pleated up one side according to the instructions, but left the other side un-pleated just to see what the difference was in the drape.

Left side pleated, right side not



In the end I decided I liked the look with the pleating, so I followed the instructions to the letter.


2/16/15 - My friend Stefanie invited me over to her house for a sewing day, and I mostly worked on some little fiddly bits of the gown then.  But I also tried on the train and had a chance to walk around with it on for the first time.  Stefanie was nice enough to take some photos for me.






These were the first pictures of me that I got to see that looked like I was wearing a wedding gown!  :D  And there are, of course, many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment