Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wedding Day - Getting Ready

(And then I make you wait three months...) 

Wedding day!  April 11 had finally arrived.  I had much help getting ready.  My aunt Diane styled my hair while I ate the eggs that my cousin Erin had made for my breakfast while my mom finished sewing the lace to my veil.  I got into my corset, threw a skirt and top on over it, and drove to the church with my tiara in place.  My bridesmaids and I set up camp in the room set aside for us for the morning, and they helped each other with hair and makeup while my aunt Donna (my personal attendant) helped me get dressed.  Stephen, our excellent photographer, arrived a little later and took fun getting-ready pictures.  Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post are courtesy of Modest Monkey Photography


My sister (and Maid of Honor) Gretchen decorated these bags, and we filled them (and one for the groomsmen) with various emergency items: 

Bonus point is you can spot the most massively useful thing in this shot
All of my "somethings"
Something Old - the lace edging on my handkerchief was scraps of leftover lace tatted by my aunt and grandma for my mom's wedding dress in 1980. 

Something New - the garter knitted for me by my aunt Diane

Something Borrowed - the pearl necklace belonged to my grandma, and both my mom and sister Elise (Matron of Honor) wore it in their weddings as well

Something Blue - silk ribbon shoe clips

The pearl earrings were a 30th birthday gift from my parents, chosen to match the borrowed necklace.  I also had a silver sixpence that Gretchen brought back from England for me to wear in my shoe. 

Shoes, stockings, and shoe clip hardware are all from American Duchess.

 Donna helping me get dressed: 


Diane affixing my veil for me:


Finishing my makeup:



Bridesmaids (Laura and Melissa) helping each other get ready:  

Gretchen's photo
 Stephen doing his thing: 

Gretchen's photo

My brother Aaron (one of the groomsmen) and me, chillin':


Gretchen's photo
 Mom being sweet:


And before we knew it, it was time for the ceremony! 

No comments:

Post a Comment